1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust fitted in a 9-inch glass pie plate
5 large eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic powder, optional
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 can (13.5 oz.) Popeye Chopped Spinach, well-drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
2 plum tomatoes, cut into thin rounds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in spinach, onion and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Pour spinach mixture into pie crust. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with tomato slices.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
VARIATIONS: Prepare recipe as directed, except:
- Cheesy Spinach & Ham Quiche - Top with 1 cup diced ham browned in 1 tsp. vegetable oil instead of tomato slices in Step 2 (omit salt).
- Cheesy Spinach & Red Pepper Quiche – Top with 1 cup very thinly sliced red bell pepper instead of tomato slices in Step 2.